From My Wok to Yours - Taking the Mystery Out of Everyday Dining and Meals!!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's not a new thing for me, really...

My dad used to let me experiment in his kitchen, and he was a willing guinea pig, even when I didn't know how to make scrambled eggs.  One such failed experiment included the inadvertent creation of a ham and egg souffle, that tasted amazingly good, because, again, referring to my failed scrambled eggs, I didn't keep moving the eggs in the pan, and I used a small pot...

My dad either devoured it to make me feel better about my newfound ambition, or it really did taste good.  Still not sure.

Notable failures include:
  • Trying to make french fries by sauteing the slices of potatoes, instead of actually frying them
  • Trying to make a New York Cheesecake, and not baking the crust before putting the filling in, thus having a cheesecake that firmed up on raw crust
  • Trying to make orange flavored jello, without adding the gelatin to the mix
  • Trying to make hamburgers on the barbecue, and horribly burning the outside while leaving the inside raw, thanks to turning the burners to full
  • Trying to bake a potato by wrapping it in foil then putting it in the fire place, and having it then explode all over me.
And that was just to start.  I eventually have mastered these more basic cooking skills, and thankfully, have been able to cook for the masses.

Maybe Notable Successes later...

No comments:

Post a Comment